Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beginning the randomness

Personal log, stardate 24-34....oops. Wrong place.

Ok here it is, the day after Valentine's day 2010, and I am ready to start a blog. Not particularly ready to go public, but ready to start anyway. The writing muse has been infrequent for too long, and I think there was something there to start with.

I like to write because I like to craft a well-thought statement. OK, the truth: I like to persuade other people to think like I do. But I also really like to share cool ideas and inspirations and there are just a ton of them out there. Since joining Facebook, unfortunately, I have begun to think other people might be interested in my random thoughts as well. Guess we'll have to see.

So, what is going to be here? Perhaps not so much about the minutae of our lives, but this and that that reflects my interests with the hope of finding some kindred spirits out there.

For today, it probably means something to explain the name of this blog. For those of you to young to know, it's a quote from Roseanne Roseannadanna, a character created on Saturday Night Live in the 1970's by the brilliant comedienne Gilda Radner. Roseanne's scary trains of thought are eerily close to what goes on in my mind; the spirit of the statement reflects my life perfectly. It better go on my tombstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment